Plant Science department
Agriculture in general and Plant Science (PlSc) in particular is the backbone of our economy. Therefore, educated professional in the field of PlSc is crucial to develop our country in the few decades of the third millennium. The Department of Plant Science was established in 2000E.C and strived to create qualified and excellent Plant Scientists.
To become among the department of choice in teaching-learning, research, publications and community services in Ethiopia and contribute to the development of Ethiopia.
- Producing highly qualified competent professionals in the field of PlSc by offering standard and research based higher education/ training.
- Providing demand-driven community services and produce problem solving research outputs through innovative and creative education, research and consultancy service for the benefit of the society/country.
Objective of the Department
- To produce efficient graduates by offering research assisted education in plant science that can promote agricultural productivity towards food self-sufficiency
- To undertake a problem solving research based on national need and benefiting the community with the outcome & advance knowledge in plant science.
- To render service to the society in general and particularly in areas related to Plant science.