“We are committed to serve the community with the community”
Community service & consultancy is one of the three main pillars of universities in Ethiopia. The word community includes different kinds of society, individuals, family, women, men, youth, children, old People, farmers, etc. In our system, there are two kinds of community services, namely:
- In campus community services
- External community services
The in campus communities are students, academic staffs and the administration staffs, and the external campus communities are different kinds of societies, stake holders, institutions, governmental and nongovernmental organizations.
- Aspires to be the best community service & consultancy provider in Ethiopia by 2020
- Offering government and community centered training, consultancy service, transferring technology and undertaking innovation.
- Improving the life of our society by integrating education and development.
- Increasing the competitive situation of DBU with similar institutions.
- Establishing entrepreneurial university.
- Increasing cooperative work conditions among elementary schools, high schools, preparatory schools, vocational & technical colleges and universities.
- Directing academicians’ attention from academic and basic research to problem solving & applied research.
Dr. Temesgen Tibebu Mekonnen (Ph.D)
Director, Community Service & consultancy
Cell No: +251 924138829
Office No: +251 118 965452