The department of Biomedical Sciences was established in the institute of medicine and health sciences, college of medicine, Debre Berhan University in 2011. The Department is engaged in the teaching of all biomedical courses/modules to the preclinical undergraduate medical students, undergraduate students of pharmacy, nursing, medical laboratory science, midwifery, anesthesia, health officers, neonatal nursing, pediatric nursing, surgical nursing, and sport science.
Mission and Vision
- To continue all biomedical course/module offerings to students of the different categories of Medical and Paramedical fields of the University;
- To launch new postgraduate programs in different fields of biomedical sciences;
- To undertake relevant research in the biomedical sciences;
- To render consultancy services to the public and higher medical institutions in the country;
- To make itself the center of excellence in teaching, research as well as rendering service to the public.